Charles Axelrad, CPI
Partner and Inspector
- Licensed by the Louisiana State Board of Home Inspectors, Licensed Home Inspector No. 10822
- Member of the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI), No. 14031703
- Certified Professional Inspector (NACHI)
- Certificate of Achievement, National Home Inspector Examination
- Graduate of The Donaldson Real Estate School Home Inspection Program
- Associate Degree, Delgado Community College, Culinary Arts
- Attended Louisiana State University 2006-2009, General Studies
- Former employee, Compass Group USA, Food Service Management and Support Services
- Former employee, Ace Hardware, Customer Service and Product Maintenance
Born in New Orleans, Charles Axelrad grew up both there and in the Metairie area. He attended Louisiana State University for a number of years and then earned a certificate as a pastry chef. Charles worked in the food service industry as a pastry chef and earned his Home Inspection license in 2013.
As Axelrad & Associates Home Inspections grew, Charles’ dad, Tom, needed more personnel and Charles decided to explore the home inspection industry to see if he found it interesting. It turned out to be a perfect match. Charles enjoys diagnosing issues with homes, and making sure prospective owners know all the details about what kind of shape a property is in. He loves educating people about their homes without the added pressure of having to fix the issues he identifies. Charles particularly enjoys driving by once-deteriorating properties and seeing them undergoing repairs and renovations. Knowing that he’s playing a part in making homes better than they were before is a good feeling.
A self-described nerd, Charles enjoys science fiction and fantasy novels. He is an avid player of Dungeons & Dragons and collectible card games, and follows superhero movies fairly closely. As a new dad, Charles often find himself going to the zoo on weekends and occasionally baking cupcakes.