Jason Pepitone, CPI
Associate and Inspector
- Licensed by the Louisiana State Board of Home Inspectors, Licensed Home Inspector No. 10841
- Member of the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI), No. 13110806
- Certified Professional Inspector (NACHI)
- Certificate of Achievement, National Home Inspector Examination
- Graduate of National Association of Certified Home Inspectors Training Program
- Attended Southeastern Louisiana University 2001- 2004, Criminal Justice/Safety Studies
- Certified Mold Inspector, International Assoc. of Certified Indoor Air Consultants (IAC2) No.03-2525
- Formerly with LA office of Homeland Security and Sela Corporation, Demolition Specialist and Construction
- Residential Real Estate Appraiser
- Firefighter, City of Kenner 2010-present
- Owner of Safeguard Inspection Services
Jason is a native of Hammond, Louisiana, about 45 minutes away from New Orleans. He attended Southeastern Louisiana University, studying criminal justice with the intention of making a career in federal law enforcement. He worked as a sheriff in Tangipahoa Parrish, and then joined the sheriff’s office in New Orleans, where he served as a reserve deputy for seven years.
In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, he worked for the office of the governor of Louisiana, overseeing the demolition of storm-damaged properties and blighted houses. In additional to being a home inspector, he is also a firefighter with the City of Kenner, Louisiana, in Jefferson Parish, a suburb of New Orleans. Shortly after joining the fire department, Jason became a real estate appraiser, drawing on experience he gained doing construction work with a friend from high school. His appraisal work brought him into contact with home inspectors and as he talked with them and learned about what they did, he was intrigued. Jason obtained his home inspection license and had his own home inspection company for several years before joining Axelrad & Associates Home Inspections.
For Jason, the home inspection field allows him to keep up with the latest trends in construction, learning about the newest building practices. It never gets old – seeing how materials come together to make a useful, valuable structure.
An outdoorsman, Jason looks forward to getting out on the water in his 18-foot bass boat. Louisiana offers a great mix of salt and fresh water in close proximity. He is also an avid deer hunter and enjoys spending time with his wife and their two rescue greyhounds, former racers.