After 40 years in the Louisiana real estate industry, we realized that there was a need for more detailed and informative home and property inspections.
We strive for a high level of client communications and adhere to professional best practice standards. After in-depth research, we found a reporting system that is the most up to date, most informative and most understandable on the market today.
The Benefits to You –
- A thorough physical property inspection by two or more of our licensed and experienced inspectors, with an onsite verbal summary of the most significant findings.
- You will receive, by email, a high quality, detailed, yet easy to understand report in a timely manner, with free technical consultation as long as you own your new property. The report is prepared by our onsite inspectors and then reviewed by another senior inspector for accuracy, prior to delivery.
- We are available to schedule an appointment or answer questions – Office Hours are M-F, 8am – 7pm and Saturday, 9am – 2pm.
- Our years of experience in real estate purchases and sales, property management and construction provide you with unbiased and realistic advice.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and locally owned for your protection.
See a Sample Report
Check out our sample reports below to see an example of our inspection report:
About Home Inspections
A home inspection is designed to determine whether all of the essential components of a home are presently doing their job, as evidenced by a thorough, in-depth, visual, non-invasive inspection.
More importantly, however, the inspection observations, findings, and subsequent written report enable prospective homeowners to make a reasonable, informed buying decision. This reduces the buyers’ risk and enables him to make better investment choices. It also provides the purchaser with a baseline of information for future reference.
Although not technically exhaustive, the modern home inspector utilizes the most up to date equipment and technology in his examination.
The acquisition of a property can be stressful, sometimes with considerable uncertainty, and often with time constraints on the decision-making process. A proper survey of the condition of the property removes many of the unknowns and increases the chances of a successful purchase. It makes good sense to know what you are buying.
A home or investment property is one of the most expensive purchases you will make, but when done with careful examination, it may well be the best investment you will ever make. A well done three-hour inspection will provide you with peace of mind and protection for you and your family.
Pre-Listing Inspections – These are performed before you place a home you own on the market. The benefits of this inspection help create a powerful marketing tool that can be utilized in the selling process. Eliminating the unknown makes the transaction smoother and usually eliminates many negotiation problems.
Inspections and Report Features
- Over 40 years in the Real Estate brokerage, property management and related construction industry, in Louisiana.
- Two licensed inspectors on site, for each inspection, except for very small properties, with additional inspectors, as needed for larger properties. We recognize that your time is valuable.
- Reports are reviewed by an additional senior inspector, for accuracy, prior to delivery.
- Personal verbal inspection consultation with client on site (if possible) or by phone, with the complete written report available within 48 hours (Evening of 2nd day following the inspection, Saturdays excepted)
- Completed report is web based and available electronically via secure website and via email from any computer in PDF format (Sample report). Color printed copies are also available by request, at an additional charge.
- Discounted Pre-closing walk-through or re-inspection upon request.
- Free technical consultation by telephone or email for as long as you own your home or property.
- Relative Foundation Level Survey included in all inspections, where deemed appropriate.
- “Illustrated Home” diagrams and photos included in reports.
- Web links are embedded in the Internet reports. Those links provide additional detail and explanation about reported issues, conditions, concerns, and recommendations.
- Permanent access to the web-based report, 24/7/365. Access to guidelines on “ball-park” repair/replacement costs.
- Access to generally accepted estimates of component life expectancy guidelines.
- Inspections available Monday through Friday by time specific appointment.
- Both Pre-Listing and Pre-Purchase Inspections available.
- Available by phone 24/7, with daytime and evening messages returned promptly.
- Inspections and reports meet or exceed the current Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics of the Louisiana State Board of Home Inspectors and the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors
- Fully Insured and Bonded through InspectorPro, including Real Estate Agent/Broker Referral Indemnity
- Assistance with Insurance forms or completion of “Four Point” Insurance inspection forms provided at no additional charge with our inspections.
Our Full Inspections Include, As Applicable; Some Limitations Apply:
- Plumbing/Water Heaters
- Level Survey
Below is an interactive map of our inspections, 2006-Present
Click to expand for more information on where Axelrad & Associations have been.
Check out our sample reports to see an example of our inspection report!
Please contact us at 504.799.9401 and we will do everything we can to make your purchase or sale decision as timely, risk-free and as informed as possible.